Community Connections

community connection

Community Connections is an innovative approach to provide services to people who need them most, where they need them most—in their community. Community Connections offices are human service centers in an initial four locations around Montgomery County—Willow Grove, Pottstown, Lansdale and Norristown. Community Connections will build a stronger partnership between government, community organizations and families to foster better service and care.


Navicates are skilled human service professionals who can provide residents who need some type of human services with information and assistance in identifying services that will help them with needs such as health, housing, senior supports, child care, veterans affairs, supports for individuals with behavioral health or developmental disabilities or child, family or elder protective services. Residents will work with the same Navicate during their interaction with Community Connections allowing the Navicate to serve as both a navigator of the system and an advocate for the individual throughout the process. Navicates will be located at the County Community Connections offices.

Who should call a Navicate?
Any Montgomery County resident in need of human services. If you need a service from a specific county agency and already know where to call, you can always contact that agency directly. Community Connections is designed for individuals who are not sure what services may be available or where to turn.

Is there a cost to talk to a Navicate?
No. The Navicates are employees of Montgomery County government.  For more information, click here.

Thank you to Ailene Keys for this post!

2 thoughts on “Community Connections

  1. We are trying to find a local, “typical” Pre-K for our son, who has multiple disabilities and developmental delays. He will be 3 at the end of August, so we’d like to enroll him in a 3-year old pre-K starting in the fall.
    However, the local Pre-K told us that they will probably have to reject us, because their insurance will probably not allow a child who cannot climb steps on his own in case of emergency, like fire. (Our son has lumbar-level, myelomeningocele-type Spina Bifida and cannot walk or be independently mobile). (He is also incontinent, and requires someone to feed him).
    We are disheartened because we want our son to have a fair chance at an early childhood education, we want him to have the social interaction with his peers that he lacks now, and we want him to be part of his community in an “inclusive” environment including typical kids.
    Do you know of any Pre-K’s like this locally? (We live in Glenside, PA 19038, located in Abington Township, Montgomery County). Thanks for any help you can give us!

    1. Thanks for getting in touch. When you have the chance, give me a call at 610-970-6655 and I can give you the contact information of people who may be able to help. Mary

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *